Re: [www-amaya] <none>

From: Irene VATTON <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:08:24 +0200
To: Olaf Kayser <okayser@iabm.dtu.dk>
cc: www-amaya@w3.org
> Subject: Keyboard problems
>
> Sorry to disturb, but I simply can't get Alt-Gr characters
> (e.g. $, @) as described by your doc, neither on Windows
> or on Linux. I just get the "standard" characters (e.g. 4, 2).
> Olaf

The use of Alt-Gr depends on the current installation. Some Linux distributions
use that key for generating some frequently used letters with diacritics like
 in French (see a French keaboard).

I personally have a QWERTY (uk) keyboard and I use the Atl-Gr as a mutli key.
I have a configuration file in my HOME directory .Xmodmap that contains:
keycode 22 = BackSpace
keycode 187 = Delete
keycode 113 = Multi_key