HTTP Redirect bug - more info

From: Fox One <rockman66_1999@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 09:05:15 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-amaya@w3.org

This is related to Amaya's "HTTP Redirect bug."

When submitting a form using the POST method,
if Amaya receives a redirect HTTP header, it
tries to POST to that URL also. In other words,
Amaya does the following:

HTTP out: POST: <url to cgi script>
HTTP  in: <redirect to new url - an HTML document>
HTTP out: POST: <url of HTML document>

The last POST is incorrect. Amaya should try a
GET for that document:

HTTP out: POST: <url to cgi script>
HTTP  in: <redirect to new url - HTML doc>
HTTP out: GET: <url of HTML doc>

Although I believe that this is related to the
"HTTP Redirect bug," I'm not certain that it's
the exact same one.

Happy bug hunting :-)