amaya installation/RS6000

From: Hires, Will E. <Will.Hires@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:36:39 -0400
To: www-amaya@w3.org
I have just downloaded (by FTP) the amaya-RS6000-3.0.tgz file and
performed the uncompress (using gunzip utility) and tar (with xvf
attributes)
and the expected directories and files were created. However, when I go to
.../Amaya/RS6000/bin/ to execute amaya, I get a series of error messages.

This list or error messages start with:
"Cannot load program ./amaya because of the following errors:"
Symbol X._._._._ in amaya is not defined
The list ends with:
"System error: Cannot run a file that does not have a valid form."

Needless to say, I am unable to run amaya at all. The operating system is
AIX 4.3.2. Does anyone have information that would help me correct this
problem?

Will Hires
Librarian, Government Information Services, Rm 5-19
The Technical Information Services Group, TSD
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
11100 Johns Hopkins Road
Laurel, MD  20723-6099

Telephone: 240-228-5686 or 443-778-5686
Fax: 240-228-5988; email: will.hires@jhuapl.edu