Re: General Protection Fault on startup of Amaya 3.0

From: Serge Torres <Serge.Torres@ens.fr>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:52:11
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Hi,

I posted a message some time ago about the same problem with, apparently,
the same configuration (W98 and a 3DFX board).

As I suspected, it turns out that the problem does not come from Amaya
itself but rather from the board's driver. Downloading a new version from
http://www.3dfx.com (their current version is from january 2000) solved the
issue.

By the way I still have the "image-scrambled-syndrom" on the same machine,
with Linux and Amaya 3.0, even after upgrading to Redhat 6.2. All other
graphic applications work fine.

Cheers,

Serge Torres

Ecole normale superieure