Re: Amaya stops responding

From: Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng <hgs@dmu.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 15:05:58 +0100 (BST)
To: Jim FitzSimons <cherry@neta.com>
On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Jim FitzSimons wrote:

> Hugh, this document contains lots of MATHML.
> Amaya supports the subset of MATHML this
> document contains. Look at the errors. You
> will find they are all MATHML. This document

My mistake: when I saw there were so many I didn't look any further to see
what they were. Still, it seemed rather large.  I would suggest that, if
possible, a smaller document be derived from it to replicate the error.
The Amaya team is very small, and I'm sure they would welcome a small test
case.

Anyway, I apologise for shooting from the hip.  Many times
people have used invalid docs as justification for some feature
to be added, so sorry for tarring you with that particular brush.

[That paragraph should generate a nice "mixed metaphor error" on any
English Language validator!]

> was generated by TtM which produces good
> HTML. The only errors will be MATHML which
> the W3C validator does not know about.
> Regards, Jim FitzSimons

	Hugh
	hgs@dmu.ac.uk