Re: Make Book directory bug? -

From: Yan FITTERER <y.fitterer@RAM.AC.UK>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:02:52 -0000
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Hi,

More news on this. I'm still trying to get it to work, and I've tried a couple of things.

I was going to details what I've been through so far, but instead I'm now wondering if the
Make Book command is supposed to work recursively?

 I seems that no matter what I try, I end up with some strange behaviour when I reach the
2nd or 3rd level of recursion. What I do with directories just makes it worse, but even in
a single directory, it's not working properly.

Can somebody shed some light in this?

Thanks
Yan

> Hi all,
>
> I'm compiling a rather large document with the help of Amaya, using the Make
> Book feature.
>
> Because of the number of documents and the general structure of the document, I
> was hoping to use a three level directory structure:
>
> --dir 1 -
>         |-file1a (subdocument file 1b)
>         |-file1b (subdocument file 2a1, 2a2, etc...)
>         |-...
>         +--dir 2a-
>         |        |-file2a1 (subdocument 3a1, 3a2, ...)
>         |        |-file2a2 (subdocument 3b1, 3b2, ...)
>         |        |-..
>         |        |
>         |        +--dir 3a-
>         |        |        |-file3a1
>         |        |        |-file3a2
>         |        |        |-...
>         |        |
>         |        +--dir 3b-
>         |                 |-file3b1
>         |                 |-file3b2
>         |                 |-...
>         +--...
>
> The problem apears in files at level 2 - which don't include files at level 3.
> After "making book", the links in files at level 2 show a bogus path (href
> attribute), that looks like /dir2/dir2/dir3/file. I have had cases where it
> does: /dir2/dir2/dir2/dir2/file Having now tried switching things around, I
> found linking files on two levels work, but as soon as you add a 3rd level,
> problem appears.
>
> Is this a known bug? Can somebody else reproduce it?
>
> Many thanks for reading so far!
>
> Bye
> Yan

Yan Fitterer,                                    |
Sys admin,                                       |
Royal Academy of Music                           |

E-mail : y.fitterer@ram.ac.uk                    |
Phone (work) (+44) 171 873 7365                  |
Fax   (work) (+44) 171 873 7364                  |

Phone (home) (+44) 181 830 3035                  |