Re: strange overwrite of characters in table cells

> Hi,
>
> I have a document with some table cells containing vertical text, that is,
> a sequence of characters with <br> in between each character. For some cells,
> Amaya (2.2 for solaris 2.5) displays all the characters on top of each other,
> while for other cells, the text appears correctly.
>
> I tried the same document with Amaya 2.2 for Win98, and I get a slightly
> different effect, but not on the same cells: only the first character of the
> cell is displayed.
>
> In both cases, the structure view is correct, i.e. it shows all the characters
> with BR elements in between.

Windows versions and Unix versions share the same code there. That could occur
when there is no explicit cast in a procedure call.
Could you send us a simple example that shows these bugs on Unix and Windows
platforms.

> By the way, how do I produce a non-breakable space (&nbsp;) with amaya? I
> checked the documentation, in particular on "creating elements", but couldn't
> find anything about that.

To obtain a non-breakable space (&nbsp;) with Amaya you have to hit the Control
key with the Space key.
I add this information in the Help page Creating element.