Glitches browsing existing HTML

From: Sandy Harris <sandy.harris@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 16:45:46 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-amaya@w3.org
I'm starting to use Amaya (2.1 on Win 98) to browse some HTML files I
wrote. The files work fine under Netscape, Lynx, and MS-IE, but with
Amaya I'm seeing some oddities.

<h1>whatever</h1>

Start a para ....
Another para...
And another....

Everything else displays OK, but the first paragraph skips the 'S' and
displays as:

tart a para....

This occurs consistently after all my h[1-4] tags, but all the 'A's in
later paragraphs, coming after <p>, are displayed just fine.

Is this just Amaya being strict about some tag I should be inserting
after </h1>, or is it a bug?

Amaya also ignores my <blockquote></blockquote> tags, I presume
because these are not in HTML 4. Can someone tell me what to use
instead?