Re: HTML parser

From: Hima Vadlamudi <hima@mail.imake.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 11:21:19 -0400
To: Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr, www-amaya@w3.org
Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:

> We didn't test the standalone version of the Amaya HTML parser for a while
> but there is no reason for not generating the TITLE and the BODY if they
> are there in the original document.
> An extra-code in Amaya adds these elements if they are not present. Perhaps you
> need to add part of that extra-code.

Thanks for the response Irene.
I  resolved this problem a couple of days back but hadn't got around
to letting you know. The placement of the compilation directive
(STANDALONE) in html2thot.c is wrong.  The HTML file is not
parsed correctly into the document.
I will send you the modifications I made as soon as I can
spare a moment (probably tomorrow).

Also, the HTML parser in standalone mode should only need
libThotKernel and libz. However, libThotKernel as it is built
using the makefile in 'Amaya/obj/thotlib' does not allow this.
Some of the object files (*.o) had to be changed to (*ND.o)
by the appropriate insertion of the 'NODISPLAY' compilation
directive in the source code.

Regards
Hima