RE: Masacre of website by Amaya???

From: Dave J Woolley <DJW@bts.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:43:56 +0100
To: www-amaya@w3.org
> From:	Charles McCathieNevile [SMTP:charles@w3.org]
>
> Note that the use of tables for page layout is explicitly deprecated in
> HTML
> 4.0 - I would encourage you to use CSS positioning where possible.

	But note that Netscape is somewhat broken in this area, and has a
	different object model from IE in this area.  Tables are probably
	still the only semi-portable way of controlling layout.

	(On the other hand I had reasonable success in re-writing
	http://www.setileague.org/ but failed to get the owner to change it,
	especially as it passes Bobby even with simulated headings and
simulated
	lists.