gifhandler: too much input data

From: Lueckel Werner <Werner.Lueckel@khe.siemens.de>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 09:47:37 -0400 (EDT)
To: "'www-amaya@w3.org'" <www-amaya@w3.org>

Hello,

I'm running Amaya2.1 on SCO ODT 5.04.

When viewing html-pages with "a lot of" .gif pictures Amaya tells me
 gifhandler: too much input data, ignoring extra...

and some .gif - pictures seemes to be incomplete.

What does that message mean ?

How can I avoid this problem ?
(There is no way do decrease the amount or size of .gif files; the
html-pages are part of an existing documentation).

By the way,
ref. to my mail "Can't find the "language manual" ..."

meanwhile I've found the "language manual" (when inspecting your FAQ - page)
at http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/Appman.toc.html

Regards,

Werner Lückel.
SIEMENS AG, KWU LE S2,  Khe,