W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-amaya@w3.org > July to September 1999

Re: SPAN, SUP, SUB, etc...

From: <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 12:36:29 +0200
Message-Id: <199909031036.MAA11031@tahiti.inrialpes.fr>
To: "Ly, An" <An.Ly@CAI.COM>
cc: Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr, www-amaya@w3.org
In-reply-to: Your message of Thu, 02 Sep 1999 10:48:24 -0400."
             <F516E350BFC4D1118F7B00805FC14BC302A61DE7@usilmse2.cai.com> 
> Hi Irene,
> 
> I quickly tested importing an existing doc and it indeed inserts a pseudo p
> before SPAN and IMG. But the GUI incorrectly (?) inserts an ADDRESS block
> element  when I insert a SPAN/SUP/SUB, etc. And it doesn't insert any block
> element when I insert an IMG. I am testing with 2.0a.

The thotlib looks within the structure schema for finding out what path allows
you to insert an element type at the current position in the document tree.
That algorithm works 80% of the time. For remaining 20% you have to insert
first an intermediate element.

> Oh, how to tell if the parent of insertion point is a pseudo block
> level-type of element? 

With TtaGetParent and TtaGetElementType.

> 
> Thanks for your help...
> -An

  Irene.
Received on Friday, 3 September 1999 06:36:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 April 2014 11:01:33 UTC