Re: Bug report

From: Vincent Quint <quint@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:05:55 +0200
To: Max Gilead <gilead@linart.krakow.pl>
cc: www-amaya@w3.org
I am not sure that Amaya is displaying it wrong. What your screenshots
show is that Amaya and Netscape interpret it differently. That's not
surprising, as the page contains many HTML errors.  Check it with any
HTML validator (for instance http://validator.w3.org ), fix the bugs
and try again.

I noticed the following markup in that page:

99-08-23

The last two closing tags should be switched. This is misleading and
screws up the table.

Vincent.

Max Gilead wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm creating my new home page. Amaya is displaying it wrong (shot -
> amaya-bug.jpeg).
> For comparision, I am attaching Netscape screenshot
> (amaya-netscape-correct.jpeg).
> HTML file included.
> If you want to see it on web here's URL:
> http://3d.linart.krakow.pl/CrystalView/Index.html (It's a preview - no
> links works!).
>
> Max

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhone-Alpes
W3C/INRIA                           ZIRST
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@w3.org        655 avenue de l'Europe
Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 62             38330 Montbonnot St Martin
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             France