Re: Amaya Sol 7 probs.

From: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 17:30:14 +0200
To: David Goldsmith <dgoldsmi@hawaii.edu>
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org
Aloha David,

Sorry for the delay in answering this message.

On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 10:38:21AM -1000, David Goldsmith wrote:
> Aloha, Jose!  The problems I had, described below, today have evaporated -
> I think I was just having user-end GUI adjustment problems.  I'm still
> experiencing bugs - annoyances mostly - like the active window
> auto-shrinking on closing a menu dialog, but I can browse both remote and
> local files both from the URL line and the dropdown menu, and I can create
> new documents.
>
> I found .amaya/ in my home directory and the thot.rc file, but it was in
> <installation_directory>/Amaya/config/unix-thot.rc, not in
> <homedir>/.amaya/thot.rc (there was also a win-thot.rc in the A*/config/
> directory).  Should I rename and move unix-thot.rc?

I see. the ~/.amaya/thot.rc file is only created when you modify the
preferences.  The unix-thot.rc is the file where we store most of the
default values for the preferences. You shouldn't edit it.

> One other comment/question for now: your commercial competition, WebEQ,
> has for the near term solved the problem of most browsers not yet
> supporting MathML by including a save-as-png option - what are the chances
> of you all adding that feature in the near term?

We prefer having Amaya highlight MathML, so we prefer to save it as such. For
the moment, we don't have any plans to convert MathML fragments into
PNG images.

-Jose