Re: Dialog boxes, can't enter text.

From: <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:07:28 +0200
To: jrooker@rochester.rr.com
cc: www-amaya@w3.org
> On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Eddie Maddox wrote:
>
> > Thanks, John, for the hint. I'm used to text console. Just got X working
> > (Amaya is the "Killer Application" that makes me have to run X) so have
> > some learning. Why does NumLock have to be off? It's not obvious to me.
>
> Nor to me. :)  I started using Amaya when I started using the KDE desktop.  I
> asked the same question a couple months ago. :)

Hi,

I'm just back from vacation.

The problem with the NumLock comes from the Motif library and is not under our
control. I guess the key NumLock could be interpreted by Motif as a key
modifier
and so could generate invalid characters.
We're just exploring the possibility to replace Motif by GTK. If any person has
already developed a GTK application, please let us know. That could help.

Regards