help pages

From: John Russell <VE3LL@RAC.CA>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 13:20:57 -0400
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Each help page has a set of navigation icons in upper right
and company / project logos in left --- this is great for getting
all pages to look similar.  However the w3 logo is in a format
other than gif/jpg.   I suspect it is a .png file which renders
ok on Amaya but is only slowly coming onstream.  It is
great that Amaya leads the pack here for advanced features
but I do not think the help documents are the appropriate
place for testing features  except where absolutely needed
such as describing MathMl.   In fact a good test of the
help docs is to see how they are rendered on other
browsers --- aren't html files suppose to be universal
(the tables look bad on some browsers).  But couldn't
the logo be in .gif

john russell  VE3LL@RAC.CA
http://web.cgocable.net/~jrussel