Re: Amaya on Solaris 7

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 16:57:32 +0200 (MET DST)
To: dgoldsmi@hawaii.edu (David Goldsmith)
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org
Hello David,

In our previous episode, David Goldsmith said:

> I'm running Solaris 7; the Solaris 2.6 version of Amaya runs, but that's
> about it: it won't even let me open up a new file!  Is this right, or have
> I not configured something properly?  (My default shell didn't like the
> path instruction in the README file, nor did a shell I opened using the sh
> command, so I just found the executable - path:
> ~/Amaya/solaris2.6/bin/amaya, where ~ = the directory I unpacked it in -
> and ran it directly.)  Help!

I'm not sure that I understood your problem. First, a comment, we (the Amaya
team) haven't yet tested Amaya under Solaris 7, so I can't say it it's
bin compatible with Solaris 2.6 or if it runs right out of the box.

Are you able to launch Amaya and see the browser window on your
screen, but not able to browse anything?
Or are you unable to browse local files?
Or are you unable to create new files?

You should have a dir ~/.amaya (where ~ == your home dir). Could you
mail me the file ~/.amaya/thot.rc when you answer my message?

Thanks,

-Jose