What am I missing?

From: Bill Carlson <wcarlson@vh.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:45:44 -0500 (CDT)
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Hello all,

I just subscribed to the list (in the process of actually), so please copy
me in any response as well as the list, for a day or two.

I have just started using Amaya, I am hoping to use it as my editor of
choice. I'm impressed thus far, but have one area of concern.

How do I handle links that reference the top of the web tree but not the
server?

An example: On our server we have (like everyone else) a logo at the top
of the page. I specify the link as src="/graphics/logo.gif". I don't
include the server as this page is eventually mirrored on other servers
and making an absolute link wouldn't work when moving the site.
On the same token, I don't want to use a relative link, as this page may
move around in the structure of things, but the top graphics directory
will never move.

So, when working locally on my machine, is there a way to tell Amaya that
/home/mystuff/ is the top of the web tree?

Thanks,

Bill Carlson
Systems Programmer    bill-carlson@uiowa.edu	|  Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/        |  not my employer's.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics	|