From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 17:07:28 +0200 (MET DST)
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Hello,

Thank you for your reports. This is really a problem inside Amaya, and
in contradiction to the HTML 4.0 spec.

Here's our proposal:

In the forthcoming version, we'll escape the &amp; and other entities
(e.g., &quot;) into their characters before making a local or
remote document access.

If we find %26, we won't interpret it and send it as such to the server.
If we're making a local file access, we'll then first convert the
%26 into '&' then do search the file (i.e., doing the server's work
when there's no such server). Same strategy for other %xx chars.

This should solve the problem.

-Jose