RE: Delete Editor

From: Dave J Woolley <DJW@bts.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 12:08:51 +0100
To: "'www-amaya@w3.org'" <www-amaya@w3.org>
> From:	duanxh [SMTP:xhduan@263.net]
>
> I need a basic browser which can only browse the Html files.
> So I want to delete the Editor func. of Amaya to get it.
> but, how can I clear the editor func.?

	Amaya *is* an editor with some browsing capabilities, not
	a browser with some editing capabilities!

	If you want to browse valid, well written, pure HTML, I'd
	suggest Lynx.  If you want to browse real life broken HTML
	with shockwave/javascript/vbscript/java/frames without fallback
	text,....., I'd suggest IE5, although if
	you are not on Windows or Solaris, maybe
	Netscape 4, upgrading to NS5 as soon as it is realeased.