Re: Amaya compiles, does not display anything

From: <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 08:48:37 +0200
To: gupta@mink.mt.att.com
cc: Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr, www-amaya@w3.org
> My apologies for replying so late.
>
> When I launch amaya as built below, I get a window
> titled "AmayaPage.html Formatted_view".
> The "Address" box shows (basename) "AmayaPage.html"
> The "Title" box shows "Welcome to Amaya".
> However no text is displayed.

The text could be displayed but in white color on a white background.
Could you open the structure view or try to select anywhere
in the document. If there is a selection display at the window buttom,
you can try to force the foreground color: you go up to the body element by
hitting the Esc key and force the foreground black color in the Style->Color.

> When I use "File" -> "Open Document" to load a long HTML file,
> the Address and Title show correctly, the proportional
> scroll-bar on the right-hand side shrinks in size, indicating
> a long file; but nothing is displayed. I can use "File" -> "Save As..."
> to save the loaded file elsewhere.
>
> I am waiting for a CD that may have an RPM of a more recent
> version of lesstif, and will try again.

I guess it's just a problem of color.

  Irene.