Re: 2.1 on Redhat Linux 5.2

> On Thu, 1 Jul 1999 Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:

> > > Amaya seems to build OK, now that I have lesstif (www.lesstif.org).
> > > However, on running it I get:
> > >  ./bin/amaya
> > > ./bin/amaya: error in loading shared libraries
> > > libXm.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > libXm.so.1 is the Motif library. Could you check your Options file.
>
>    The first time I tried to build it, it said there was no Motif
>    Installing lesstif fixed that error, but the Options below don`t
>    point to any lesstif directories (I installed lesstif in the default
>    place -- maybe configure should know where to look?), but although
>    /usr/local/LessTif/Motif{1.2,2.0}/{include,lib} exist they have
>    not been found by configure.  Do --x-includes and --x-libraries
>    options for the configure command override the defaults or provide the
>    extra places for configure to look?

Our goal is to automatically generate the file Options when it doesn't exist
and
let the user change options he wants to change.
All these changes are never overridden by a new configure. Configure overrides
the
file Options.orig that you can compare with your file Options.
Otherwise you can remove the file Options before launching the configure.

  Irene.