2.1 on Solaris 2.5.1

From: Hugh Sasse <hgs@dmu.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 11:08:07 +0100 (BST)
I have built Amaya 2.1 on Solaris 2.5.1 with EGCS-1.1.2.
The build was successful.  On bringing up the manual
/home/hgs/AMAYA2/Amaya/doc/amaya/Manual.html
I had white text on a white hackground.  My foreground color is set
to white, background to black.   I suspect this is due to the foreground
colour not being specified in the document:
<head>
BODY { background-color : #FFFFFF }</style>
  <title>Using Amaya</title>
</head>

etc

On browsing my home page
http://www.eng.dmu.ac.uk/~hgs/
Amaya crashes with
*** Thot: Irrecoverable error ***
The first time it did that I checked with the validator
http://validator.w3.org/
and I had a typo <ATRONG>...</STRONG> instead of <STRONG>...</STRONG>.
The response still seemed a little severe.  I have corrected this, the
page validates OK now, but Amaya still crashes.  I wonder if there
is a cache holding the old page?  Looking at that manual page with
Netscape, I cannot see anything on command line options to flush
any such cache, or to increase diagnostic output.

The coloured popup legends on the button bar seem a bit bigger (thanks)
but they are still cream on yellow, and I cannot see anything to set
the font size or colour for those.

The colour "palette" doesn't seem to have an "apply" button, only
a "done" button, unlike the Character Style and Format menu items.
There seems therefore to be no way to override the colours imposed
by the document.

	Thank you,
	Hugh
	hgs@dmu.ac.uk