No JPEGS in 1.4a for windows

From: Evan McLean <emm@alumni.dgs.monash.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 00:59:29 -0500 (EST)
To: www-amaya@w3.org

I downloaded the windows executables for 1.4a and tried them out.
The browser does not appear to display jpg files in the web page (GIFs are

The downloadable binaries for 1.3a would display them, but when I compiled 1.3a
it had the same problem, so I'm assuming my compile (still running) will also
not display JPEGS.

Any idea how to correct this?  The code appears to be all there...

On a related note, it also does not appear to display background pictures
("background" tag for the body declaration).  Any way to make it?

Evan McLean