Re: [Announcement] Amaya 1.4 public release

Don Croyle wrote:

> Corne Beerse <beerse@ats.nld.alcatel.nl> writes:
>
> > > Amaya look for the help page on the Web because the install procedure
> > > doesn't copy the documentation. That should be fixed in next release.
> > > Nevertheless Amaya shouldn't crash.
> > For most of the (our) users, the internet is not available. How can
> > I change this?
>
> The documentation (and the starter page) just need to be in the same
> place relative to the installed binary that they are in the source
> tree.  For example, if the binary is installed as
> /usr/local/share/thot/applis/bin/amaya and you cp -r the
> distribution's doc directory to /usr/local/share/thot/doc, they'll be
> available.

Don: Thanks for the info.
help works and does not ask for internet or crashes.

Amaya development team:
Please also install this documentation with `gmake install`.

CB

--
When I became a man, I put away childish things, including my fear of
childishness, and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis