Re: Amaya and FreeBSD

Kent Berggren <kenta@sr.se> writes:

> Hi
> I am using FreeBSD and I do not have motif. Is there a way around it?
> I do not like to use the linux-binaries and I dont like to bay Motif.
> Is there not a "free" version of Motif?
> Can any one help me?
> have a nice day
> /kenta

The free version of Motif is called "lesstif."  You could build it
from the sources, but since it appears to require some patching for
FreeBSD it may be easier to install it from the ports/packages
collection.  Exactly where it is in the ports collection depends on
what release of FreeBSD you have installed, and it might be worthwhile
to install the appropriate upgrade package from
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/, download the latest version of the
portball and build and install from that.

Amaya itself needs a couple of small tweaks to build in FreeBSD.  I've made
a port for it, but it hasn't been committed yet.  You can get it from:
I've always wanted to be a dilettante, but I've never quite been ready
to make the commitment.