Re: [Fwd: amaya: Errors in The Web Style Sheets page??]

> Hallo,
>
> I was using amaya brouwsing the www.w3.org site and came over the style
> page: http://www.w3.org/Style. This resulted in the next problems:
>
> This page was not readable with amaya: the W3C logo displays behind the
> text. Browsing the same page with Netscape (4.x) It showed a more readabl=
> page. Below I include the reply of Hakon, the producer of the page.
>
> Amaya also produced the next error:
>  *** Errors in http://www.w3.org/Style/ temp file: .amaya/1/Style
>    line 257, char 57: Unknown tag <BLINK>
>    line 258, char 12: Unknown tag </BLINK>

<BLINK> is not a valid tag. Hakon Lie inserted it in his Style page, but
explains that you don't have to use that:
"By attaching style sheets to structured documents on the Web (e.g. HTML),
authors and readers can influence the presentation of documents without
sacrificing device-independence or adding new HTML tags"

> Questions to the amaya maillist: =
>
> - Is there a list of not supported features?

http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/CSSStatus.html gives previous status of CSS
support in Amaya

> - Is there a list of not supported tags?

We plan to list them in next release

See http://www.w3.org/Amaya/Activity.html "What the Future Holds"

> - Is amaya tested against the www.w3.org site (or around: the site against amaya?)

As much as possible. We have no time to download all www.w3.org site pages