RE: Will a future release of Amaya be Windows-friendly

From: Geoff Gardiner <gsg@eng.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 07:40:56 +0100
To: <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Cc: <www-amaya@w3.org>
> From: www-amaya-request@w3.org ....
>
> It's possible that Amaya still includes errors, but sometimes
> it's also due to
> Windows installation itself. Normally select, cut or paste should work.
> If you have precise case to report, please don't hesitate.

Amaya was the only application I have that exhibited these basic usability
problems on my Windows NT system. I have abandoned it for the present.
Select, cut and paste usually worked, but not instantly and not reliably
where the cursor was.

> You can find information about next releases at
> http://www.w3.org/Amaya/Activit
> y.html

Thank you. When I hear that the next release has arrived I shall try it
again in the hope for better Windows performance.

Geoff

Geoff Gardiner                         Centre for Technology Management
Email:        gsg@eng.cam.ac.uk             Institute for Manufacturing
Fax:          +44 (0) 1223 766400               University of Cambridge
Phone Centre: +44 (0) 1223 766401                             Mill Lane
Phone direct: +44 (0) 1223 338174                 Cambridge CB2 1RX, UK