Re: Error when I am compile amaya-1.3 on a Siemens MX300i

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 09:18:09 +0200 (MET DST)
To: ronald@lisicki.in-berlin.de (Ronald Lisicki)
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org
Hello Ronald,

In our previous episode, Ronald Lisicki said:

> I try to compile amaya-1.3 on an "Siemens MX300i" with the SINIX V5.41D.
>
> This system has a 486 Intel CPU with 16 MB memory.
> The gmake runs and stop with the following error:

[SNIP}
> creating Library/User/Makefile
> creating Library/User/Patch/Makefile
> sed: Cannot open ../../w3c-libwww-5.0a/Library/User/Patch/Makefile.in:
> No such file or directory

[SNIP]

This looks as if your gmake couldn't read the libwww Makefile.in. I verified
and this files are indeed included in the tar file of the source code.

If you have automake, try to go to the w3c-libwww-5.0a directory and
type automake. This should generate the Makefile.in files. Then try to
compile again.

If you still have problems, try to go again to the w3c-libwww-5.0a, then
create a subdir there called, for example, siemens. Go to the directory
and type ../configure. If this works ok, then cd to Library/src
and type make. This should generate the file libwww.a. Now copy this file
to the thot/your-architecture directory and type make amaya in that
directory.

I'm not sure if this will fix your problem, though.

Please keep us update,

Thanks!

-Jose