uploading web pages to web server

Forwarded message:
>From fismig Tue Jul 14 16:29:56 PST 1998
From: Miguel Oliveira <fismig>
Subject: uploading web pages to web server
To: irene.vatton@w3.org
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 16:29:55 +0100 (PST)
Cc: fismig (Miguel Oliveira)

I'm working in a web site (apache unix suported) that needs to upload homepages to th
e webserver without causing complications and problems to the users who want to
put their home pages in our site.

I was looking to comments in amaya's page and i saw yours. I was wondering if you cou
ld explain me some things.

The upload process in our project must be user transparent, i.e., we want the us
er make their own home pages using frontpage, netscape composer or amaya editor,
 without having the trouble to put all files, images, gif or whatever comes in their pages.

By our side we want to catch all the files that come from those web editors and
put  them in an acount. We also want to catalog some related links that can be u
sefull for another users, that will be on a database in future steps.

How can i intercept the post method (or put) and analyze all the relevant
information to the project?

After the web editor sends the pages through the network, how can i intercept the post method and know how is the file organization and what files come and how can i extract usefull information without having to install extensions for the browsers, wich will allow the users to make uploads, independant of their browsers?

--
best regards,
Miguel Oliveira

E-mail: mailto:fismig@ua.pt