Re: amaya version Linux doesn't view my webpage very well

mark@mark.med.ohio-state.edu wrote:

> Just to let you know, if you want an example of a webpage that doesn't
> appear very well in amaya but does appear well in Netscape and
> Internet Destroyer, look at
>
> http://linux.med.ohio-state.edu

Just look at your source file and delete the stange </body> tag line 56.
Amaya will then display your page much better.  I don't know how
NN or IE interpret that tag, but when Amaya encounters it, it
considers that the document's body is closed and all the rest is
processed as if it would be the body of another page in the same
window...

You could also delete lines 67 to 73, which do not make sense and
can be disturbing for some browsers.

This page has some other errors. You could be interested in using
a validator to make sure that the pages you post on your Web site
are interpreted the same way by any browser.  Have a look at

   http://validator.w3.org

Hope it helps,

Vincent.

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhone-Alpes
W3C/INRIA                           ZIRST
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@w3.org        655 avenue de l'Europe
Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 62             38330 Montbonnot St Martin
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             France