Re: SGI + printing

From: <horne@dfilm.com.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 02:41:17 -0500 (EST)
To: www-amaya@w3.org
In our previous episode, Irene VATTON said:

> This was due to a wrong installation on my SGI platform.
> I've rebuilt the tar file. You can get the new tar form http server, now.

many thanks to all involved - the SGI binary now runs, For others though
I offer a word of advice:

libsocket.so is part of the eoe.sw.svr4net, which is not installed by
default - you will need to install this get amaya to run

Now: to a question about printing. I have edited Thot/config/thot.ini
to contain the following: (since SGI's use lp not lpr )

THOTPRINT=lp -c -dprintername -nnbex -trealname

However, the print command gived the error:
'lp -c -dprintername -nnbex -trealname -#1 -Tintro.html' as being an
invalid command (which it is).

It looks as though the lpr commands are hardcoded somewhere - any
suggestions anyone ??

G.

     Geoff Horne               		horne@dfilm.com.au
     Technology Manager, Dfilm Services
"Don't take life too seriously, you don't get out of it alive anyway"
                                 Burt Ward