Re: [Announcement] Amaya 1.2 public release

From: Jim Gettys <jg@pa.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 03:08:15 -0800
To: Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org, Irene VATTON <Irene.Vatton@imag.fr>

Bugs (Win95):

1) if you have a file in "My Documents", it seems you can't open the file
(probably the space in the path name).

2) On the table from Hell: (HTTP/1.1 issues list), it takes a VERY long time
to lay out the page.  (causes Wi95 to think it isn't responding).
http://www.w3.org:8080/Protocols/HTTP/Issues/Overview.html; if you resize
the window, you get into the same kind of problem.  It is clear there
is a higher order function depending on table size that I do you in with...

3) line wrapping in entries of the table are not correct.

4) even editing an entry of the table from hell will take forever.

5) redisplay of the table is from bottom to top; not quite a reasonable
order (fun to watch, however).

Oh, well, as the notes said you'd redone the code, it was worth trying again.

Let me know when it might be worth another try.
- Jim