[WINDOWS] Using proxies with Amaya

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 15:09:34 +0100 (MET)
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Cc: asuhas@cup.hp.com, SAhuja1995@aol.com
You need to declare two special environment variables:

VARIABLE    VALUE SYNTAX
http_proxy  http://proxy.address:port

Here you specify a proxy server and it's port.

no_proxy    domain.address:port

Here you specify a list of domains separated by a space. A domain may also
have an optional port number

Under Windows, I know two ways to set up these variables:

1) Open up an MSDOS console, type set variable=value, execute amaya from that

2) Set the variables in the autoexec.bat file. I tried this on Windows NT 4.0
   and Windows 95 and it works

set http_proxy=http://groucho.marx.edu:1080

declares an http proxy at groucho.marx.edu, port 1080

In the next Amaya version, it'll also be possible to declare the proxies
in the thot.ini file.

Hope this helps,