[Fwd: Re: libnsl.so ??]

From: Geoff Horne <horne@slc.com.au>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 11:21:13 +1100
To: www-amaya@w3.org
> I just tried to run amaya1.1c in my irix6.2 machine
> and i get the error :
>
> 7735:amaya: rld: Fatal Error: cannot successfully map soname
> 'libnsl.so'
>
> this library isn't in the distribution, and i can't find it in
> irix amywhere - does anyone know where i can get a copy ??

| For historical reasons, GNU configure always tries to include it,
| when it
| hasn't been needed at least since 5.2. You can safely remove all
| references to it. Same goes for libsocket.so.

um, ok, but this reference is in the pre-compiled binary
i think someone at w3 needs to do a re-build of 1.1c to remove
the reference

     Geoff Horne               horne@slc.com.au , Dfilm@slc.com.au

     Technology Manager, Dfilm Services
"Don't take life too seriously, you don't get out of it alive anyway"
                                 Burt Ward