Re: Bug report: installation of amaya-1.1c

> I received three warnings, 1 of which I reported a few weeks ago when
> trying to install 1.1b, :-(
>
> One of the warnings dealt with not finding Kaffe-0.9.2.  This was
> easily solved with a symlink.  The other two are not as easy to
> resolve: finding the Thot editor sources and the missing Java classes.
> FWIW, the Web instructions for building Amaya still refer to two
> separate tarballs.  These instructions should be updated to deal with
> a single tarball, Kaffe and probably the Thot editor sources.
> The configure output follows.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -pmr
>

> [pmr@copa /projects]$ tar xzf archives/amaya-src-1.1c.tar.gz
> [pmr@copa /projects]$ cd Thot
> [pmr@copa Thot]$ mkdir linux
> [pmr@copa Thot]$ cd linux
> [pmr@copa linux]$ uname -a
> Linux copa.pajato.com 2.0.30 #1 Tue Apr 22 10:49:45 EDT 1997 i686 unknown
> [pmr@copa linux]$ ../configure --with-thot --with-amaya --enable-java --enable-plugin
> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking for Motif... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include

Dear Paul,

The configuration file is build for the whole set of applications developed
under the
Thot library. The native Thot editor is one and 2 different versions of Amaya
are part
of them. But in the current distributed tar file, only source of one
application is
available: Amaya without Java support (the whole sources would be too big for
many people).
So, if you want to compile the current distribution re-start your
configuration by:

../configure
or
../configure --enable-plugin

For more information read http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/Autoconf.html

If you are interested in Thot application see http://opera.inrialpes.fr/opera/t
hot/
Source code of this application is also free.