W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-amaya@w3.org > October to December 1997

Re: Problems with amaya 1.1b on linux

From: Ulrich Eckhardt <uli@transcom.de>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 08:54:47 +0100
Message-ID: <346177C7.D872B237@transcom.de>
To: Amaya Maling List <www-amaya@w3.org>
Irene VATTON wrote:
> 
> Hi Ulrich,
> 
> In-reply-to: Your message of Tue, 04 Nov 1997 10:06:02 +0100."
>              <345EE57A.8CBA091F@transcom.de>
 
> It seems that you have a wrong installation. I tried the Linux version and
> met no problem with this character (I inserted a  and saved the file; Amaya
>  output &auml;t)
> 
[...]
> 
> Same experiment and the result was correct:
> <pre>test
> test
> test</pre>
> 
> Could you reload your Linux version form the server
> http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html

Hi,

i have reload the binary from your server and installed all from
scratch.
But i have the nearly the same problems, but now amaya displays this
line
correct (but not in the structure view) but not all other browsers like
lynx or netscape. Afther a look on the generated code i found that the
new-lines in pre tags have the hex-code 0x8a instaed of 0x0a ? all other
newlines have the correct value 0x0a:

Here is the output of a line with "od -ax" :

0000260 74 8a 54 65 73 74 8a 3c 2f 70 72 65 3e 0a 3c 2f
          t  nl   T   e   s   t  nl   <   /   p   r   e   >  nl   <   /


Also when i view the test lines bewteen the <pre>-tag in the structure 
view the view displays the tree words "test" in one line.

I'll try to compile amaya and see if the problem is also there.

Uli
-- 
Ulrich Eckhardt		                   mailto:uli@transcom.de
http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli
Truly great madness can not be achieved without significant
intelligence. (Henrik Tikkanen)
Received on Thursday, 6 November 1997 02:53:41 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 April 2014 11:01:30 UTC