Re: Problems with amaya 1.1b on linux

From: Ulrich Eckhardt <uli@transcom.de>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 08:54:47 +0100
To: Amaya Maling List <www-amaya@w3.org>
Irene VATTON wrote:
> Hi Ulrich,
> It seems that you have a wrong installation. I tried the Linux version and
> met no problem with this character (I inserted a  and saved the file; Amaya
>  output &auml;t)
> Same experiment and the result was correct:
> <pre>test
> test
> test</pre>
> Could you reload your Linux version form the server
> http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html

i have reload the binary from your server and installed all from
But i have the nearly the same problems, but now amaya displays this
correct (but not in the structure view) but not all other browsers like
lynx or netscape. Afther a look on the generated code i found that the
new-lines in pre tags have the hex-code 0x8a instaed of 0x0a ? all other
newlines have the correct value 0x0a:

Here is the output of a line with "od -ax" :

0000260 74 8a 54 65 73 74 8a 3c 2f 70 72 65 3e 0a 3c 2f
          t  nl   T   e   s   t  nl   <   /   p   r   e   >  nl   <   /

Also when i view the test lines bewteen the <pre>-tag in the structure
view the view displays the tree words "test" in one line.

I'll try to compile amaya and see if the problem is also there.

Ulrich Eckhardt		                   mailto:uli@transcom.de
Truly great madness can not be achieved without significant
intelligence. (Henrik Tikkanen)