Re: Win95 version

From: Ramzi Guetari <Ramzi.Guetari@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 10:53:25 +0200
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Hi lee,

>' coming along.
>Amaya is still having problems with color and screen size.  Navigation
>seems okay.  When I took it out for a test spin, I discovered a few things:
>(1) Page size does not take into account the slide bar.  Some of the text
>is lost under it.

Could you tell what exactly happen when you resize a page and what slide
is concerned.

>(2) No background graphics (background="img.gif" doesn't work).

Yes I started working on that and this will be done for the next

>(3) There are still some funny things happening with the colors, i.e. some
>transparent backgrounds appear to work, and some don't.

This bug is fixed. If you try the latest release of amaya on WINNT, you
see that all transparent backgrounds work fine. I modified the source
for Win 95 and now it works fine too. (transprency is not supported in
same way under winnt and win95).

>My PC is a Pentium P5 with K5-100 processor.  My video board only supports
>256 colors as I think Amaya should, since not everyone has 2M-true color.

I know that and this will be done too as soon as possible.

Ramzi GUETARI                           |  Tel: (33) 4 76 61 52 38
World Wide Web Consortium / INRIA       |  Fax: (33) 4 76 61 52 52
655 Avenue de l'Europe                  |  e-mail: Ramzi.Guetari@w3.org
38330 Montbonnot Saint Martin - France  |  http://www.w3.org