Formatting of generated code?

From: Benjamin Redelings I <bredelin@sdcc6.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 18:04:33 -0700
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Hi, I've installed the latest binary for amaya, 1.1b for Linux.
I've just moved my website (~700k) from a remote machine to my home
machine so that I could use various HTML tools to write my site, after
which I could publish it periodically.  Specifically, I was thinking to
use amaya because (for example) the 'Show Structure' view is so cool.

	While I've just started thinking about how I'd do this, I do have one
complaint/question.  I noticed that Amaya "unformatted" all the
formatting that I manually put into my code...  At this stage I really
would prefer to have my code formatted so that it is human-readable
too... even though I could, of course, just load it up in Amaya to view
the structure.

	It just occurred to me that that might not be the best way of thinking
about this.  Hmm...  Perhaps there are external "HTML-beautifier"
programs, that might also parse HTML code and check if it is
grammatically correct?  I suppose in that case, then perhaps the issue
of formatting could be considered external to Amaya.

	?????????Does anybody know of any HTNL "beautifiers"???????

(No, its not urgent, just wanted to attract attention to this line :)

Thanks a lot,
-BenRI