Re: Compiling html2thot on Solaris 2.5

From: Irene VATTON <Irene.Vatton@imag.fr>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 13:17:18 +0200
To: Mukund Deshpande <deshpand@cs.umn.edu>
cc: www-amaya@w3.org

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile html2thot on Solaris platform without much
> success. The command I am using is in the directory Thot/amaya is

This problem is due to autoconf migration. It's not easy to compile the
same source file html2thot.c with different options using autoconf.
I implemented a solution by changing the name of the application by
html2piv
That solution will be implemented in next release but I suggest you
to modify your current version of Thot/amaya/Makefile.in:
HTML2THOT_LIBS= ../thotlib/libThotKernel.a

html2piv: ../bin/html2piv
../bin/html2piv : @srcdir@/html2thot.c
	@(if test ! -d ../bin ; then $(MKDIR) ../bin ; fi)
	$(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -DSTANDALONE $(AMAYA_INCLUDES) $(INCLUDES) -o
../bin/html2piv  @srcdir@/html2thot.c $(HTML2THOT_LIBS)
	@$(ECHO) "====>" html2piv is done

After a make in your working directory (solari2 for example), please go
to into solaris/amaya directory and enter
make html2piv

Regards