Re: Amaya on windows.

From: John Anderson <panic@global.co.za>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 10:20:08
To: www-amaya@w3.org
At 14:15 26/9/97 +0200, Ramzi Guetari wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>The last suggestion for those who cannot run Amaya:
>
>first of all, you do not need to set any environment variable or
>excute Amaya via a batch file.
>
>THOTDIR is set by amaya itself and HOME allows Amaya to
>create the directory where it will store temporary files.

Aha. So that's why I got a whole bunch of weird files in my home directory.
I use windows NT and my system already uses HOME to point to the user
directory. Perhaps you should consider using something like AMAYA_HOME? or
even TEMP which is already defined by the windows system to point to a
temporary subdirectory, usually c:\windows\temp on win95 systems.

cheers
John Anderson