libwww & amaya

From: Charles Krinke <cfk@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 08:34:06 -0700
To: www-amaya@w3.org
I have downloaded the libwww source and am able to compile the command
line and line mode examples up to a point. (I am trying to compile the
examples first before tackling amaya to make sure I can create the .DLL
files). The compilation aborts at the first of the .lib files that are
needed, specifically wwwapp.lib. I don't seem to find where wwwapp.lib
is created from.

The libwww created by tar from the amaya.tar file seems strangely
sparce. Perhaps the tar process is getting me there also. Until I
understand that, I am trying to compile the version 4.1 libwww until I
can get the versio 5.0 complete in a directory structure.

I see java referenced. Is the java sdk from sun needed and if so, what
invocations and incantations are necessary to fondle the amaya sources.

--
Charles Krinke        http://home.pacbell.net/cfk
FAX (714) 645-0208    mailto:CFK@pacbell.net