9/22 windows95 binary

From: Charles Krinke <cfk@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 21:06:13 -0700
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Well, I just downloaded the 9/22 windows95 binary and unzipped it using
pkunzip v2.04g to C:\ as suggested. I had to rename wwwstrea.dll to
wwwstream.dll as pkunzip did not handle the long file name. However,
when I then executed amaya.exe from the c:\thot\win95\bin directory the
disk spun and then exited back to a command prompt. I then tried SET
THOTDIR=C:\THOT with no change in action.

Is there a specific set of environment variables that amaya needs to be
happy? I got the impression from Xanni over the weekend that there was.
Is there some test that I can perform to understand what amaya is trying
to do. Just spinning the disk and exiting doesn't give me a clue. Is
there some simple critical error handler that w3 might consider
implementing to display a clue. Is there a specific setup I can use,
perhaps some command line argument and a local .htm file?

--
Charles Krinke        http://home.pacbell.net/cfk
FAX (714) 645-0208    mailto:CFK@pacbell.net