Re: Amaya Execution trouble on LinuxPPC

From: Daniel Veillard <Daniel.Veillard@imag.fr>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 11:56:03 +0200
To: www-amaya@w3.org
>When I run Thot, it works until I select a menu item. Then it sort of freezes,
>then it bombs out with a segmentation fault.
>
>When I run Amaya, it firstly draws all the menus in the top left hand side of
>screen and then it draws all the buttons (Reload, Home, etc.) properly in a
>window. But again, it proceeds to draw over them.

  Are you using Motif or Lesstif clone ???
In the latter case you need to apply the patch found at
   ftp://opera.inrialpes.fr/pub/patch/lesstif.patch
to get a correct behaviour, both for amaya and Thot.
I rebuild Amaya and Thot latest public versions on
LinuxPPC last week using Lesstiff 0.80, everything compiled
fine (I had to disable java too) and It was kinda usable
once the patch applied, but I didn't found it stable enought
to release it. Things are moving so fast in LinuxPPC that
I don't think I can follow it ...

I was unable to get it to run with Motif on the PPC platform,
I recompiled Motif-2.0 from sources, but I had the same kind of
problem : As soon as I try to open a menu, Thot or Amaya crashes
within a second, probably due to some kind of callback from
Motif.

  hope this help,

Daniel
--