Re: [Re] Amaya & HTML & SGML & Thot

> Hi,
>
> Irene Vatton wrote:
> > Amaya document definitions from the HTML DTD is done manually.
> > During this phase, some elements and attributes are added to allow Amaya to
> > edit
> > documents. The HTML DTD doesn't take in account the editing needs.
>
> I don't think this is a good idea that language S must contain some extra info
> for editing needs. Why don't you put this small part on an external file?
> For example :
>   elements " Invalid_element" or Attribute "Invalid_attribute" could be use for
>   any DTD SGML not only HTML?? And then must be hide for the Language S writer.

It's absolutely necessary to clearly identify what elements and attributes are
part of the
document DTD.
Then, editors or parsers can help user by supporting invalid elements and
attributes,
thus user can see his mistakes and learn about the DTD.

In Amaya, elements and attributes like " Invalid_element" or
"Invalid_attribute" could
be seen as an extension DTD: a piece of DTD which is added to the current SGML
DTD.

> In fact, i'm currently working on a small tools based on SP Parser that can
> transform a DTD to a language S definition. It works but it's not finished yet.
> I think that given a HTML DTD it can generate a Language S HTML that is
> not so far away from the current Language S HTML used in Amaya.

Fine !

> For my university work, i have to developped a prototype for a SGML Browser/Edit
> but with advanced features to handle hyperlink and inclusions document..etc..
> I have listed all the files in Amaya directory and checked files that i must
> keep and other files that i must remove because they are hightly linked to HTML
> ( editions,transformation, form...). I think the most difficult work is on
> html2thot.c module because it's statically linked to HTML.

It's our HTML parser.

> I would like to create a new Directory, says amaya2 in Thot Dir to build a small
> new browser... Could you give me some advices to integrate my program into the
> building process of amaya,thot?

You have to change things into the generic file Thot/makes/Imakefile
Each application uses a personal directory and all variables attached to one
application
are prefixed by the name of this application (AMAYA for Amaya).

Hope this help