Re: Amaya and server side includes directives

> > It seems to me that what you are trying to emulate with server side includes
> > is really a transclusion, and should really be done on the client side.
> > See http://www.xanadu.net/xanadu/draft-pam-html-fine-trans-00.txt
> >

> 	Thanks for your help. If I had fully understand the document, the TEXT
> tag is exactly what I want. I wish to add a common footer to all my
> pages but I don't want this text written on all pages. For the moment,
> the only way I found is the SSI mechanism.
>
> 	The text tag is not implemented I think. If yes, I did not succeed in
> making it work. Is this tag working for someone or should I wait for
> this tag to become a standard ?
>
> 	Is there another way to allow this kind of edition?
>
> Amicalement,
>
> Jean-Michel

There is an embryonic answer to your problem within Amaya. You can use typed
links (<a href="xxx" rel=Chapter">) to note inclusions.
The function "Makebook" in the special menu allows you to replace the typed
link
and the text around by the target content.
You can experiement this functionality with the Amaya manual.

But today, Amaya doesn't register the original context and if you save the
document
after "Makebook" the document will be saved with the content instead of the
typed
link. I think it would not too difficult to complete the "Makebook" function
to do
what you want.