Re: Amaya 1.0 beta Linux-elf

> Hello,
>
> I installed the latest version of amaya on my Linux box (keymap :
> fr-latin), it browses well, but it's impossible to edit text with it.
> Almost all the keys are ignored or give bizarre chars.
> I tried changing the language in Attributes:language but it didn't work
> better.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Jean-Christophe PRAUD
> LUDEXPRESS
> jc.praud@ludexpress.com
> http://www.pbm-chronos.com

Hi Jean-Christophe,

It seems that the problem comes from your Linux installation.
The Attribute language is just used by the spell checker and the hyphenation
algorithm,
but it has no effect on the keyboard management.

Did you see the Sami Lempinen's message concerning  key mapping
with XFree on Linux:
His message can be reached at "http://opera.inrialpes.fr/amaya/messages/0355.ht
ml"
I'm not sure you meet the same problem, but his message can help.
  Irene.