Re: more coments on using Amaya (some having to deal with jigedit.

Other quick answers to your problems with Amaya.

> o the text on the menus continue to vanish on me with
> dismaying regularity; it causes me to have to restart amaya
> as often as everything else put together.

Are you sure that the problem doesn't come from your X server. I cannot
imagine that Amaya causes damage to other applications.

> o If I fetch a document with embedded objects from the jigedit server,
> I get asked N times for the password, once for each object.  This is
> very boring.

Jose would see that.

> o keyboard accelarators, particularly for making links, would
> be greatly appreciated.

You can add keyboard accelerators by editing the file
Thot/config/amaya.keyboard
or making a copy of this file in your HOME directory and modifying it.
The syntax of this file is explained in http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Amaya/User/Co
nfigure.html
For example if you want that "Ctrl l" creates a link you have to add the line:
Ctrl <Key>l: CreateLink()

> o if text is selected when a target is created, that text should
> be used as a target name, in my opinion; I'll have to edit these
> by hand.

Amaya generates a unique name. I'm not sure that the selected text can be
choose as a unique name.
You can change immediately it by calling the entry "name" in menu "attribute".

> o if I edit a target name in the structure view, it loses the
> insertion point.

Yes, it's a bug.

> o once, while playing with a target (trying to delete it by deleting
> the green text), amaya went crazy; the form became wierd, and I had to
> kill amaya completely.

I tried it and it works.
Nevertheless, you can put the selection inside the anchor and use the command
"Delete Anchor".
In this case the anchor is suppressed without deleting the text.

> o another core dump trace for you...

I cannot do anything with the core dump you sent. Amaya crashes in Xt library
called
by the Motif library.
Could you give us a scenario to reproduce the crash.

  Irene.