Re: Amaya on Alpha....

Jim Gettys wrote:

> I just installed the binary distribution on my Alpha.  Seems
> to run.
>
> A few immediate comments; the default fonts I am getting aren't very readable,
> and are quite small.  (I have a 1280x1024 screen e.g 100DPI).  How can I tune > this?

Just create a file in your home directory with the name:
   .amaya.css

and put the following line in this file:

 BODY { magnification: 2}

If it's still too small, try a greater value for the magnification property.

> Could they be better out of the box?

We will consider a way to compute this value from the screen resolution.

> For my next exploration, I'll try to edit the HTTP/1.1 issues list
> (mostly several large tables).  Should be interesting...  It has certainly
> given Netscape Gold some heart burn in the past....

Will be interesting. Don't hesitate to mention any problem you may have.

Vincent.

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhone-Alpes
W3C/INRIA                           ZIRST
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@w3.org        655 avenue de l'Europe
Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 62             38330 Montbonnot St Martin
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             France