Re: Installation problem (linux-ELF)

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Carl Wenninger wrote:

> 1) I first installed amaya-LINUX-ELF-1.0a.tar.gz in /usr/local/Thot
> [snip]  Tcl plugin: can not find Tcl plugin libraries
>         Tcl plugin: can not find Tcl plugin libraries
>         amaya: can't resolve symbol '__eprintf'
>         amaya: can't resolve symbol '__eprintf'
>         Segmentation fault

	Exactly what happened to me...  Then I hid the plugins from
Amaya (by changing the name of the "plugintest" directory), and it's
started fine ever since . . .  Don't know exactly what those plugins do,
but they don't seem to be essential.  ;)

	I'm running a libc 5.2.18 as well, so that shouldn't be your
problem.  Haven't tried the Java version myself.

	Good luck,
	 - Kevin